Monday, December 13, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday to Otaku Faction!


It's been a year already! Time sure flies ^^
Well, 誕生日おめでとう!! On behalf of the blog I wish for more fun and happiness in the years ahead! Haha!


Looking back, it have been many years since I started watching anime, reading manga, collecting figures and collectibles. My first anime watched (according to what I can remember) was Sailor Moon, the very first season, which I watched on television when I am still in my kindergartens. I was so in loved with Usagi Tsukino, aka Sailor Moon, that time but was rather embarrassed ask my parents to get collectibles and the bag I saw in departmental stores though. =x Well other than Sailor Moon, there is the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, which was based on the Japanese Super Sentai franchise, Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger, and Digimon. Well... for Power Ranger and Digimon I don't remember the amount of money spent on them but I can roughly guess it is quite a lot! Considering the amount of Power Ranger action figures and model kits I have and the piles of Digimon TCG cards. Not forgetting the Digimon Virtual Pet which I still have it now!

This is the model I had, a present from my god-brother~ ^^

Moving on to Primary School, I started watching and collecting Pokemon as the Pokemon craze swept in and took over Digimon. The amount of money I caused my parents to spend and the amount of pocket money I spent on my Pokemon collectibles and TCG cards is just awesomely A LOT, and I really mean a lot! Enough to buy me a very good DSLR now approximately =_= Good thing I was not that hooked onto the Gameboy's Pokemon games (Red, Blue, Yellow and Green at that time, Green was in Japanese so I did not play)or I bet my PSLE results would not be what I got. Other than Pokemon I also was a fan and spent a lot of money on Yu-Gi-Oh!, Beyblade, Crush Gear and the Super YoYo. Well , simply what little boys play with a that time. I also read manga of Beyblade, Pokemon and some soccer manga which I don't remember the title. =x


In Secondary School days I kind of lived out of those anime (or cartoon for some of them) and toys already except for Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!, which I occasionally play the TCG with my friends. I watched more of American movies (of all ratings, G to R21) and play MMORPGs in my secondary school life. My hobby of electronics gadgets started here and amplified at around Secondary 3. Well, nothing much to say here for now (I think I am quite going out of topic hahax!), except that I did still watched a bit of Gundam, One Piece, Bleach, etc a bit here and there.


Anyways, here comes the critical part. I knew a person called Yvonne through the game online game called AuditionSEA at the end of my Secondary 4 and she introduced me to a cosplay event called Retro EOY  held at Singapore EXPO. We met up and went to the event together. It was then that my died down interest in anime and stuff slightly lit up a bit, but not yet fully blown.


Entering polytechnic, I joined the Japanese Cultural Club and was exposed to more cosplay events through outings organized by the committee that time. It was then that my passion amplified in unimaginable proportions (note I used amplified as the love for it was already there but very weak initially). I went to almost all conventions and events with even a slight relation to anime, cosplay, etc, made many new friends (can say almost all totally otaku), took many pictures of cosplayers, cosplayed myself and spent tonnes of money on collectibles. My anime watching also increased to a state where I am almost watching anime everday. Some of my favourites so far are Vampire Knight, Fate Stay Night, Shakugan no Shana, Toradora!, Angel Beats!, K-ON!, Strike Withes and Black Rock Shooter (this is an anime movie, not a series) and Ore no imouto (short for 'Ore no imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai'. Yes, very long indeed =x). With this rediscovered passion, I created this blog on 13th December last year so that I can record down every of my otaku moments down. Well, in poly I have much more allowance, or pocket money (I prefer to call it allowance now), thus I guess my spending have been one of the biggest in my history. According to my own expenditure records, I spent near SGD2000 for just 9 months this year! Whoops! OxO

(Cover pages I made for compiled past year papers of poly tests and exams)

Anyways, I hope my passion can continue burning (not my pocket!) and keep posting here whenever I am free to! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment