Saturday, May 14, 2011

Visit to AKB48 Singapore Official Shop Opening

Initially wanted to go the opening early, to queue way before the opening time, but I was stuck with something else and followed by a extra big downpour. Thus, I ended up reaching *SCAPE at around 1:30pm, and had to join in at the back of a very long queue, which started from the entrance of *SCAPE.

About two and a half hours past before I reached halfway through the queue, worrying along the way whether if I would miss the hand-shake session with the Special Guests (three of the AKB48 members - refer to my previous post for more info).

As the hand-shake session's duration is limited and it's already 4pm+, the organizer made a very smart move to let us, the ones still queueing, have a chance to shake hands with the special guests (Misaki Iwasa, Mika Komori, Miho Miyazaki).


The organizer made a new queue (like an express queue) for those who want to go to the hand-shaking session. We were given a $15 voucher (for a price of $15 of course) where we can use it to enable us to enter the hand-shaking session venue at the 4th floor of *SCAPE. We then can use this voucher to purchase items at the shop later on. (Background info: To go to the hand-shaking session a minimum purchase of $15 is required)

Queueing for the hand-shake session

Didn't get to take a decent shot of either Wasamin, Mikapon or Myao as I forgot to bring my digital camera, and relied more on my phone's camera (which does not have auto-focus so photo came out blur). Anyways, was super exhilarated too be able see three of AKB48 members up close and able to shake their hand (plus all three of them are amongst the members of AKB48 that I like ^^).



Went back down to ground floor to continue queueing to enter the store, this time on express queue. Waited for a hour I guess and we were directed away from the store again but this time, to my surprise, we are able to see Wasamin, Mikapon and Myao again! Plus, giving a high-five! =D So in other words, we the people who came rather late and queued for so long are able to see them again and give a bonus high-five, but those who came early, went for the hand-shake session early at 3pm only got to see them once and only had a hand-shake. So it turned out to be lucky for me to arrive late and queue so long? =D

Sorry for the blur photo. Used my phone's camera which does not have auto-focus

Went into the store directly after giving them a high-five and I was totally at trance upon seeing all the products on sale. Spent a whopping SGD209.60 on 5 posters ($22 eac, Hong Kong shop exclusives), 2 notebooks ($9.80 eac, bought Yuki Kashiwagi and Oshima Yuko), the 2011 Singapore 'LIVE' tee ($46), a AKB48 Singapore pencil case ($14) and a AKB48 photo set (Team A, 5 in a pack, $20, purchase-with-purchase with the pencil case).











Now, I shall take a rest to prepare for tomorrow's concert! ^o^

No comments:

Post a Comment