Thursday, December 8, 2011

AKB48 6th Anniversary - My 3rd Anniversary

Debuted in 8th December 2005, AKB48 started out with 20 first generation memebers, which are later known as Team A. After 6 years of journey, AKB48 have grown to become a very popular idol group in Japan and also spreading around the world at a really fast pace. Currently it consists of more than 48 members with 16 members in each of Team A, K and B, and 11 members in Team 4. Not to forget, 33 Kenkyuusei members (Research Students/Trainees), excluding Eguchi Aimi - the virtual idol made in collaboration with Glico's 'アイスの実' CM.

I shall not talk too much into the history, which I already posted on a page of this blog, and go straight to my reflection on my three years of AKB48 fandom. Thus, can be considered 3rd Anniversary for me.


2008

It all started with '大声ダイヤモンド' ('Oogoe Diamond'), which I happen to come across on Youtube, not on AKB48 Official Youtube Channel as that time the channel wasn't created yet. Or was it a friend send me a the link.. cannot remember very clearly but what I do remember is all started with that 'Oogoe Diamond' PV, around the period after my O-Level Exams - which is coincidentally around start of December.

'大声ダイヤモンド' uploaded on AKB48 Official Youtube Channel near 2 years later

Loved the song instantly due to the 'high-school' theme, the dance, Matsui Jurina and at to a little extent the broad vocal range - which is possible with so many members, where different groups of girls filling in the high mid and low pitch. One might ask, why Jurina? Some fans that were in the fandom way before me even told me that when the 'Oogoe Diamond' was released, not many fans were happy with the push given to Jurina, where the covers of the single only featured her and the center (lead) of the single is also her and not Atsuko Maeda, the center/lead of past AKB48 singles since debut.

Regular (left) and Theater (right) version of 'Oogoe Diamond'

My answer would be her mature looks, and the energy in her dance.
(Her actual age was 11 but seriously she looks much much more mature than her age)

Matsui Jurina is actually from SKE48 and the first non-AKB48 member in an AKB48 single. I didn't know of that yet at that time.
There are also a handful more members that caught my attention also, although not as much as Jurina, whom I did not know their names at that time. They are Atsuko Maeda, Miyazawa Sae, Akimoto Sayaka, Itano Tomomi, Shinoda Mariko and Watanabe Mayu.

Soon after, through suggested videos, more AKB48 PVs caught my attention - '軽蔑していた愛情' ('Keibetsu Shiteita Aijou'), '制服が邪魔をする' ('Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru') and 'BINGO!', in chronological order. I totally fell in love with 'Keibetsu Shiteita Aijou' mainly due to the vocals and this time round to a large extent the broad vocal range, which I mentioned earlier. As for 'Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru', the mystery feel and again the vocals, and for 'BINGO!', the massive cast (which I later know is the whole AKB48) and the energy in the song and PV.


However, my fandom then wasn't very deep, but at least enough for me to download the PVs using a certain Youtube downloader (which really sucks). I wasn't that Google-savvy (or rather search engine-savvy) then, so I did not know where to get the tracks online and not to mention, know about forums. Searched torrent sites that I knew that time - mininova and thepiratebay - but to no avail. Searched through local music stores while already knowing it was totally no hope. Came across CDJapan but I did not have credit card - even Paypal then only can be topped up using credit card.
The most I was able to do was to watch the downloaded PVs on my MP4 player I had that time, which again totally sucks - the heads of the AKB48 members only appeared as a few bunches of pixels as the pixel density was super low! I also converted the PVs to MP3 files, which sounded horrendous, but considered okay to me at that time because I just want to listen to the songs no matter what.

2009
Into 2009, I saw the peaking of my passion for all things otaku (anime, manga, visual novels) which took up most of my time and attention and slowly, money. My AKB48 fandom thus gradually dropped to an all-time low for the first three quarters of the year. I still listen and watch 'Oogoe Diamond', 'Keibetsu Shiteita Aijou', 'Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru', and 'BINGO!' though.

It was only until a few weeks after '言い訳Maybe' ('Iiwake Maybe') was released that my fandom started gradually rising again. The song is really catchy and I found the dance in the PV rather nice. This time, I already know of more download sources that I can at least get the tracks of some of the singles AKB48 released so far. This is when I started to love AKB48 more and more as I am slowly exposed to more of their songs.

'言い訳Maybe' uploaded on AKB48 Official Youtube Channel slightly more than a year later

The sources that I use weren't that complete and doesn't update much so I still had problem getting all AKB48 songs. Nearing the end of 3rd quarter 2009, I realized that I can actually T.T. (Telegraphic Transfer) - which charges SGD20 service charge per transfer - my money in my bank to Paypal but by then my love for all-things-2D was already peaking and most of my money went to figurines, cosplay and figurine & cosplay photography (loved film thus spent hundreds on the films, developing, etc). My photography was peaking around this time too by the way. In other words, I already found the way to buy the singles online but I just didn't have the budget.

Through more download sources I found, I came across '夕陽を見ているか?' ('Yuuhi wo Miteiru ka?'), '桜の花びらたち' ('Sakura no Hanabiratachi'), 'Baby! Baby! Baby!', '10年桜' ('10nen Zakura') and more. Love the 'Yuuhi wo Miteiru ka?' a lot due to the carefree feel it gives me.


Soon after, 'RIVER' was released and I discovered it faster than before this time round - within a couple of weeks after release. My first impression on 'RIVER' when I heard the song and saw the PV was: 'OMG.. So much energy! I LOVE it!'. Instantly loved it! Found Jurina's hairstyle super awesome too. More members of AKB48 caught my attention whom I didn't know/still didn't know their names then were, Kashiwagi Yuki, Watanabe Mayu, Erena Ono, Oshima Yuko, and Minegishi Minami.

'RIVER' uploaded on AKB48 Official Youtube Channel slightly more than half a year later

When I came across the PV for the b-side of the 'RIVER' single, '君のことが好きだから' ('Kimi no koto ga suki dakara'), which was sang by the Undergirls then, the song immediately became my top most favourite song. Played it on my phone (got a phone capable of decent MP4 play back by then) almost every time I am free while I am outside.


Takajo Aki, the center of the Undergirls, caught my attention the most and every time during her screen time, her cheerful expressions and the energetic dance totally melts my heart. At that time I still didn't know of her name though, neither the term 'Undergirls'. (Definition of Undergirls)
My favourite member started to waver from then on. Other members that also caught my attention in the PV whom I did not know their names that time were, Matsui Rena, Sato Sumire, Sashihara Rino, Ishida Haruka, and Oku Manami.

'君のことが好きだから' uploaded on AKB48 Official Youtube Channel slightly more than half a year later

Thus, I have two favourites under AKB48 since then till after a couple of months from mid-2010. Did not start on SKE48 yet as wasn't-interested-as-of-yet that time.

2010
1st Janruary 2010 was a rather memorable day in my AKB48 fandom. On the last day of 2009 after 11pm, which is already 2010 in Japan, I discovered two significant source that greatly exposed me more into AKB48.
Came across umi_uta which is a very simple page with links to every singles AKB48 released so far that time, singles from one-shot units, sub-units, albums, live concert albums, and even random tracks that were related to AKB48!
I also found D-Addicts where I found out about 'AKBINGO!', AKB48's variety show. Slowly 'AKBINGO!' became a must-watch, even till now I still regularly follow very closely every episode that's released weekly. It's just too hilarious and entertaining!

One might think my AKB48 fandom is on the rise now but no, it dipped for the second time (which was the last time till date). My love for Korean pop was actually been there for very long but lesser than for Japanese pop initially - partly due to influence at home as my household loves Korean pop and drama a lot.
With the release of 'Oh!' and 'Run Devil Run' by SNSD in January and March respectively, 'Lupin' by Kara in February, and 'Nu ABO' by f(x) in May, the love for Korean pop totally became K-Pop fever! Other than the above mentioned three groups, I was also into Wonder Girls, 2NE1 (mainly their 'Fire'), 4Minute (especially their 'Hot Issue'), and Brown Eyed Girls.

With so much attention placed on K-Pop and not to forget my new found hobby of cosplay, the first three quarters of 2010 again was the dip of my AKB48 fandom (sounds like deja vu). I still continued to followed 'AKBINGO!' and releases though.
Found '桜の栞' ('Sakura no Shiori') really nice thus I did some search and soon after I discovered 'マジスカ学園' ('Majisuka Gakuen') - a drama, which I only start watching months after I discovered it.

'桜の栞', the ending theme song of 'マジスカ学園'

[Going to go off topic here for the moment as SKE48 do affect my AKB48 fandom in some ways - in a good way]
Around the third quarter of 2010, I started picking up on SKE48 when they released their third single 'ごめんね、SUMMER' ('Gomen ne, SUMMER'). The single caught my attention as the song and PV for the cover song, 'Gomen ne, SUMMER' was really energetic and upbeat - very suitable for the ever-summer of Singapore.
Slightly before the release, I have already decided to place Takajo Aki as my 推しメン (Oshimen - which means #1 favourite) for AKB48 and Matsui Jurina as my 推しメン for SKE48. After watching PV, that decision became more firm. I shall have two favourites but from different sister-group. Through the PV three other SKE48 members also caught my attention, although not as much as Jurina, whom I did not know their name initially. They were Matsui Rena, Yagami Kumi and Takayanagi Akane.

'ごめんね、SUMMER' - found this PV in SKE48 Official Youtube Channel through suggested videos

As I start researching and catching up with SKE48, my K-Pop fever start to have signs of cooling down. I came across '青空片想い' ('Aozora Kataomoi') and '強き者よ' ('Tsuyokimono yo'), their second and first single respectively, and through 'Aozora Kataomoi', yet another SKE48 member caught my attention, Ogiso Shiori - didn't know her name for quite some time initially.

'青空片想い' from SKE48 Official Youtube Channel

I felt the need to find new sources as all the sources I know of does not have anything regarding SKE48! This is where I decided to create an account at H!O. I did come across H!O some time ago but did not bother to use it as I initially find it troublesome to create an account.
With H!O account created, I soon found that I seriously need to buy a new hard disk - thus my current 2TB external HDD, and through H!O I am further exposed more into all the media related to AKB48, TV shows, music events, etc.

Soon enough, I start dropping cosplay and made AFAX (Anime Festival Asia 2010) my last event. Was really sad that I did not have to the time and budget to go for the AKB48 concert at AFAX - the first ever AKB48 concert in Singapore! Felt that I need to free up budget to start funding my AKB48 fandom.

[Okay, back to topic - AKB48]
With the cooling down of my K-Pop fever, I started catching up on AKB48 again and just nice, AKB48 Official Youtube Channel started uploading PVs. From there, I found 'ヘビーローテーション' ('Heavy Rotation') and 'ポニーテールとシュシュ' ('Ponytail to Shushu') and initially I found it a bit odd that Maeda Atsuko isn't the center of 'Heavy Rotation'. Slowly did I realize the reason when I learned about the AKB48 Senbatsu Elections. Through these two PVs alone I saw a sharp rise in my AKB48 fandom.

'ヘビーローテーション' from the AKB48 Official Youtube Channel

Through AKB48's Official Youtube Channel, I also came across 'マジスカロックンロール' ('Majisuka Rock'n'Roll') - where the PV is the opening theme for 'マジスカ学園' ('Majisuka Gakuen'). This triggered me to start watching the drama and only regret I had is not watching it earlier! It's just too awesome! A must watch for all AKB48 fans I would say, and a recommended drama to watch for those who aren't.

'マジスカロックンロール' from the AKB48 Official Youtube Channel

And by the way, throughout the drama, 'Gekikara' acted by Matsui Rena (SKE48) and 'Nezumi' acted by Watanabe Mayu caught my attention the most and really love it when they are on screen! And it's also from this drama that my SKE48 oshi (favourite) started to waver and soon became Rena.

Towards the fourth quarter of 2010, many things happened that was really major to my fandom. 'フレンチ・キス' ('French Kiss'), a sub-unit from AKB48 consisting of Kashiwagi Yuki, Takajo Aki and Kuramochi Asuka, debuted with their first single 'ずっと前から' ('Zutto Mae Kara'). Well, Takajo Aki (or Akicha) is my oshimen (favourite), so I started following French Kiss since their debut. Through the sub-unit, I start to love Yukirin (Kashiwagi Yuki) more and more, and of course Akicha even more!


A month later, AKB48 released their 18th single, 'Beginner', which totally blew me away. It was this very moment that I dropped K-Pop (not totally though, till now I still love a few K-Pop groups) and not only did my K-Pop fandom dropped to all-time low, my otaskuism (love for all-things-2D) also started to drop. In 'geek' term, can be considered a sign of conversion from otaku to wotaku/wota (idol otaku - simply crazily in love with idols) I guess. There was so much energy and 'ferocity' in the song and PV, along with the cool costumes and awesomely cool feel it gives, that it made me love it A LOT. It's still one of my top favourite tracks by AKB48 till date. My AKB48 fandom thus saw a steep ascend.

'Beginner' from the AKB48 Official Youtube Channel
[The original uncensored version - not on official youtube - is even more awesome by the way]

At the later part of the year, a Janken tournament was introduced to decide the Senbatsu members to appear in the next single. I did not follow the tournament at that time but did found out that Akicha, my oshimen, got into the Senbatsu for the Janken single. I find the cover song, 'チャンスの順番' ('Chance no Junban'), was rather okay only and the main highlight of the single to me was actually the b-side of Type A of the single, '胡桃とダイアローグ' ('Kurumi to Dialogue')


Totally love every aspect of the song, which do have some mysterious feel to it. The PV was really good and I really like the meaning behind it. The temptations in life eh...

Wanted to buy the singles itself this time round, since found the way to and am able to transfer money to my Paypal, but couldn't. Pre-ordered too many figurines and anime collectibles, which I actually do regret pre-ordering, and out of responsibility, I decided to pay for them and not cancel my orders last minute. Ended up with not only not enough cash to buy the AKB48 18th and 19th single but also not being able to go for their Meet-the-Fans session at Singapore Toys Games & Comics Convention (STGCC 2010) on the 10th of December. Thus, from then I started to stop all my pre-ordering and buying of otaku stuff, and put my film photography on hiatus, to free up budget and save up for single releases.

2011
In the first month of 2011, French Kiss released their second single, 'If'. This is the very single that made me love French Kiss as a group a lot, not just because Akicha is in the group. The songs are totally sweet to my ears and exactly the type/style that I love the most. The PV for the cover song 'If' is super touching, at least to me. Felt my heart beat every time I watch it, seriously. The story behind the PV is really touching - there's even a 45-minute mini drama to it. Frankly speaking, some part of the mini-drama did make me want to cry. ‎(TдT) Oh by the way, it was through this single that I started to love Yukirin more and more till I met with the situation of two equally top favurites under AKB48 again. Oops!

'If' Promotional Clip from Watanabe Entertainment Official Youtube Channel

Soon after Itano Tomomi (Tomochin) debuted with her first solo single 'Dear J'. Fell in love with the single straight away due to the techno feel, plentiful of bass, and found that her singing is really good. Went ahead to watch the PV and found the dance is really nice. From this single I started to like Tomochin more and more. I still remember I even placed the PV of 'Dear J' and 'TUNNEL' (b-side) in my phone and play it every time on the way to school, and also on the way to internship in the March holidays. Since then I started to catch up on all the songs Tomochin sang as a solo or outside of AKB48 and am still even following now.


As Valentines Day arrived, through suggested videos and the sources that I use, I came across a PV called 'バレンタイン・キッス' ('Valentine Kiss') by '渡り廊下走り隊7' ('Watarirouka Hashiritai7') - a sub-unit from AKB48, which is from their single of the same title. The PV was totally like both sweetness and cuteness to the max being mixed together, giving me sugar rush every time I watch it. Started following Warota7 (short for Watarirouka Hashiritai7) since then and also searched up on Watarirouka Hashiritai - the original group name before two additional members, Iwasa Misaki and Komori Mika, joined in.


As I watched the 'Valentine Kiss' PV more and more, I realized my attention tend to be attracted more on one of the member, Iwasa Misaki - mainly due to her super pretty face! This is where I started to have three favourites under AKB48... oh noes... ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ

Iwasa Misaki in 'バレンタイン・キッス' PV

Not long later, AKB48 released their 20th Single, '桜の木になろう' ('Sakura Ki Ni Narou'). Realized that AKB48 releases their singles in a pattern, with February-March's release as Sakura-themed. Loved all their Sakura-themed songs so far, where all of them are so relaxing and soothing, except for '10年桜' ('10nen Zakura') which is more upbeat and energetic, which is real good too.

'桜の木になろう' from the AKB48 Official Youtube Channel

Not Yet, a new sub-unit from AKB48,  released their debut single in March 16 called '週末Not yet' ('Shuumatsu Not Yet') and I decided to give it a try. It turned out to be really good and feels cheery. Love it and thus started following Not Yet's releases from then on.

A short preview of '週末Not yet' from Columbia Music Japan Official Youtube Channel

While in the midst of my examinations where I am pretty stressed out, I came across 'ノースリーブス' ('No Sleeves' - or no3b), a sub-unit from AKB48, with their 2008 single 'Relax!'. The song was really morale boosting and loved it a lot. Did some research on no3b and found more of their singles too, including their then latest single, 'Answer'.


Towards April, around the last day of March, there was rumours of a Singapore branch of  AKB48's 3-in-1 concept, Theater + Official Shop + Official Cafe. I presumed it's an announcement from Akimoto Yasushi (did not see the news myself) but I felt that it might be an April's Fool joke as it's 1st of April the next day and it just sounds too good to be true. Idols that I loved so much and have been following since 2008 is going to come regularly to Singapore so that I can really experience he 'idols you can meet' concept?? It was used to be only in my dreams!

Ticket to the second time slot of the first AKB48 Theater 'LIVE' in Singapore.

Not long later, into May, it was really announced that AKB48 is really going to have regular 'Live' concerts in their first overseas theater - right at *SCAPE in Singapore! I was totally over-joyed and when tickets of the first 'LIVE' was on sale online, I was super anxious that it would go out of stock as tickets were selling super fast within first 4 hours (was monitoring it while having lessons).
Indeed, it did went out of stock soon enough. Did not buy online as I knew I would not make it by the time my money is transferred to my Paypal. Was extremely sad till they announced physical ticket sales would start in the morning on the 7th. Went to get my tickets on that date early in the morning, and I didn't know there were so many fans of AKB48 in Singapore! I was such a lonely fan all the while! Only if I had went for their concert on AFAX or the Meet-the-Fans on STGCC last year...
[See my first post of AKB48 Singapore here]

Also in May, French Kiss released their 3rd single 'カッコ悪い I love you!' ("Kakkowarui I love you!'). This time I actually do have money to buy it online but decided to save it for the opening of the AKB48 Singapore Official Shop. Which I regretted later as the single is really good and I could have used part of the money I overspent (which I would talk about later) to buy all three types (A, B and C) of the single.

'カッコ悪い I love you!' (short ver.) from Watanabe Entertainment Official Youtube Channel

14 & 15 May - Two of my most significant days of my AKB48 fandom. On 14th May, the launch of the AKB48 Official Shop and handshake session with three guests, Iwasa Misaki (Wasamin), Komori Mika (Komorin, or Mikapon - which I knew her as that time), and Miyazaki Miho (Myao) and on 15th May the first 'LIVE'!

Post on:
Visit to AKB48 Singapore Official Shop Opening
Photos of Iwasa Misaki, Mika Komori, Miho Miyazaki
AKB48 Singapore Theatre 'LIVE' Vol.1

The handshake session is really memorable as it was the first ever handshake session with my favourite artiste (group for this case) in general. The previous time I got so close to an artiste was at a mini-event at Bugis Junction by Rainie Yang for her single 'Meeting Love', which is long time ago! But well, I was still a lonely fan at the handshake session so I was only able to keep the excitement to myself.


As mentioned in my 'Visit to AKB48 Singapore Official Shop Opening' post, a $15 voucher is distributed (sold at $15 of course) to allow those queueing at the ending part of the long queue to go for the handshake session first and use the voucher at the shop later, since $15 spent at the shop is required for the handshake session and the session won't last long. Out of all the excitement I got after the handshake session, I think somehow I dropped the $15 voucher and only remembered about it after I paid for what I bought in the shop, exited *Scape, and entered the train back home! ( TДT)

Anyways during the waiting time before the concert, I was talking to a new friend known through my school friend, and saw my horoscope in an app on his phone. It says that from 15th May I would experience an increase in activity and it was really true!! Browsing through my post of my AKB48 fandom in my blog would show why. ‎(´∀`)
After the concert, we were able to give a high-five to each of the AKB48 members while we walked out of the theater (*Scape 2F Warehouse). All this interaction I had, and possible interactions, like cafe visits and more handshake events totally made me fall even deeper in the AKB48 fandom. That day is also the very day I consider myself no longer a otaku as I have decided to put my attention solely on AKB48 and the '48' project in general. (The decrease in love for 2D was still gradual though, just at a faster rate)

Less than a couple of weeks later, AKB48 released their 21st single, 'Everyday、カチューシャ' ('Everyday, Kachuusha'), which like 'Ponytail to Shushu' last year, the first press editions would contain a voting ticket for the upcoming AKB48 Senbatsu Elections. (Information I posted regarding the Senbatsu Elections)
The song is energetic and really very suitable for summer, and also quite nostalgic as the PV is like a summary of almost all the PVs AKB48 made so far. (My post that time where I compared screen-shots from 'Everyday、カチューシャ' and past PVs)

'Everyday、カチューシャ' from the AKB48 Official Youtube Channel

Shouldn't have spent too much at the Official Shop launch and run out of money to buy singles to vote for my favourite members, Akicha, Wasamin and Rena ( TДT)

Anyways, from the 'Everyday、カチューシャ' single, my favourite track was actually 'ヤンキーソウル' ('Yankee Soul'). Partly it sounds rather cool and yankee, and partly due to it being the theme song for AKB48's 'マジスカ学園2' ('Majisuka Gakuen 2'), the sequel of the first season.


Watched the first season last year and this time I had been following the new season since the announcement of it till the last episode. The first few episodes was kind of crappy and was rather disappointed, but slowly into the drama, it got more and more interesting and really made me anticipate the next episode a lot. However, I still feel that the ending of the last episode was rather abrupt. A great 'war' between two rival yankee schools just ceased when Acchan arrives, talk some sense into Tomochin - leader of Yabakune/traitor of Majisuka and surrenders to the cops for the deeds she did throughout the season. Whats more the two schools can even start help each other up!
Other than the not so impressive introductions at the start of the second season and the rather abrupt end, the drama is still really awesome to watch in overall and really enjoyed every episode. Would really have bought the box set if I had the money when it was released!

Making of 'Yankee Soul'

Towards the end of May, 10 Kenkyuusei (trainees) from 9th and 10th Gen were announced to be promoted and was then later announced that they would be forming a new team, called Team 4. Was really happy that two of my favourite Kenkyuusei members, Miorin (Ichikawa Miori) from 10th Gen and Paruru (Shimazaki Haruka) from 9th Gen got to be promoted.

Paruru is really damn cute! Was so happy to hear about the promotion.

Into June, rumoured new member of AKB48 Eguchi Aimi was said to join as 12.5th Gen Kenkyuusei with Akimoto Yasushi saying that she will be “the heroine of the new age” and got the center position in the campaign for Glico's Aisu no Mi, whom later was revealed to be just CG idol.
Before the announcement saying that Aimi is CG, the rumours of her created much heated discussion among fans, where I actually thought she is real with still some doubts of course. I am really impressed with the level of CG they were able to achieve when it was announced she's CG.
Unlike quite a lot people I come across, I actually do like Aimi even though when it was revealed that she's not real. She's just really well made and Sasaki Yukari (12th Gen Kenkyuusei) was really a good choice for Aimi's voice in my point of view.


June was really another month to remember in my AKB48 fandom as it was the month where for the first time I made a board (and a really elaborated one) to support a favourite AKB48 member (or even artiste in general).

Did this whole board by myself including the LEDs that make up the heart - soldered up the circuit myself

In June, AKB48 had their third stage in Singapore and Paruru, one of my favourite AKB48 member - who was just promoted to Team 4 then, was in the member list and also graced the launch of the AKB48 Singapore Official Cafe, along with Takeuchi Miyu and Abe Maria. The whole experience of camping over night at the airport for the first time for a favourite artiste, showing her the board and receiving warm thanks from her personally, being so up close to her was a totally over-whelming experience. I felt as if I was on extreme sugar rush - seriously! (Posted about my whole experience and the cafe launch in this post)
The concert was also really wonderful, with well, most of my time spent focusing on Paruru!

Went for both 3pm and 6pm!

'フライングゲット' ('Flying Get'), released in August (after the 3rd Senbatsu Elections), initially raise quite some expectation when they performed at '音楽の日' ('Ongaku no Hi'). Looks really grand and the song sounds really nice. Liked the performance choreography on stage too, with all the movements with the mic stand. When the PV was released however, I was really disappointed. It didn't even get near the standard of the two singles that were released after the 1st and 2nd Senbatsu Elections, 'Iiwake Maybe' and 'Heavy Rotation' in my opinion - PV with story-line version.
Anyways, since Akicha managed to enter 'Media Senbatsu', the highest portion of the ranking pyramid, I ordered both types of the singles for keep-sake.

'フライングゲット' (dance ver.) from the AKB48 Official Youtube Channel

The start of September was totally awesome. I can say I did not actually go home much for almost the whole week and spent most of my waking and even sleeping time at the airport and *Scape. Got lectured by parents after that of course but all was worth still, seriously!
Shall not talk about the Team KII concert, and the 'Super SKE48 Festival' in this post and save it for my SKE48 Anniversary post, and jump straight to Sashihara Rino's visit on the 6th.


Was really sad that I didn't make it to the airport welcome her and wasn't able to go for her cafe event. Nonetheless,  I made a rather big board (biggest even till date) for her and brought it to *Scape to show her at the handshake session with her in the Official Shop. Thanks to the board my handshake with Sasshi (Sashihara Rino) was the longest as it struck a somewhat short conversation.


September did not end just like that though. The excitement rose even more as 20th September steps closer as it would be the 2nd Janken Tournament where the Senbatsu members of the 24th single, '上からマリコ' ('Ue kara Mariko') would be decided, which was aired live at Cathay Cineplex Orchard. Was rather depressed when Akicha (Takajo Aki) nearly got into Senbatsu (lost to Kojima Haruna), Wasamin (Iwasa Misaki) and Jurina lost at the beginning, and with Rena, Shiorin (Ogiso Shiori) and Sayanee (Yamamoto Sayaka) not even in the main tournament. My Akicha pin accidentally broke just because of that. Oops!

The whole event did not end all that bad to me though. Was really glad that Mariko-sama (Shinoda Mariko) got 1st and thus the center position of the 24th Single - thus her name in the title of that single.
Not only that, the  PV of the upcoming single, 23rd Single - '風は吹いている' ('Kaze wa Fuiteiru'), was revealed and it was as expected rather dark/fierce-themed, similar to 'River' and 'Beginner' which were released in the same season in 2009 and 2010 respectively. The song and PV were really awesome and rather catchy. Love it a lot. Into my favourite it went instantly!
Really regretted not buying it when it was released in October due to most of my cash spent on the Singapore theater photo sets and online bidding.

'風は吹いている' from the AKB48 Official Youtube Channel

In October, Takahashi Minami, Leader of Team A and overall leader of AKB48, visited the AKB48 Singapore Official Shop and Cafe. Already expecting this to happen but didn't expect it to be so soon. Was really sad that I did not even get to catch a glimpse of her as I was at work. Wonder when would be the next time, if there would even be one, she will drop by again.


November was a really anticipated month for me as French Kiss released their 4th Single, '最初のメール' ('Saisho no Mail') on the 22nd November. Ordered from 7net Shopping through a friend all three types (A, B, and C), one more Type B from CDJapan for the poster and found the other exclusives given by other stores like, HMV Japan, Tower Records, and Tsutaya. I have long awaited for this so that I can truely support French Kiss by getting their singles directly.


All the songs and PVs of the single are superb! Type A's b-side, 'キャンドルの芯' ('Candle no Shin'), sounds and looks very cool and love it a lot that I even made it my ringtone. The b-sides of Type B and C kind of more into the techno side a bit, which to me is... awesome! The Type C's b-side PV is very nice and touching as it summarizes the whole Korea trip Yukirin (Kashiwagi Yuki), Akicha (Takajo Aki) and Mocchi (Kuramochi Asuka) went and is actually a smooth combination of the video clips and photos they took while they were there! Glad that they had fun while at Korea and I really enjoyed their PV. Great job there French Kiss, for this awesome single!

'最初のメール' from Avex Network Official Youtube Channel

'キャンドルの芯' from Avex Network Official Youtube Channel

Wasn't able to embed the youtube video of French Kiss trip to Korea posted by JIJIPress nor tokyomx. (Link to JIJIPress post here and tokyomx post here)

While nearing to 8th Dec 2011, my 3rd Anniversary in AKB48 fandom, one more awesome news was announced. Wasamin (Iwasa Misaki) would be debuting as a solo enka singer! OMG! I have been awaiting this news for so long. She is really good in enka songs after listening to her singing them on various performances and appearances. I wish her all the best and would give her all the support I can give!


8th December 2011. It's been three years already. And six years for AKB48. It's been a great journey and I hope this continues on with more and more great, record-breaking and touching singles and performances to come. And before I end this post, I would like to wish AKB48,

お誕生日おめでとう! Happy 6th Anniversary AKB48!!

No comments:

Post a Comment