Monday, August 1, 2011

Interview with SKE48 by Oricon


For the full interview, visit tokyohive here. Posting this because I found this particular section rather interesting to me:

'Interviewer: By any chance, is there a powerful ‘ame-onna’ (a woman whose presence seems to cause rain) among the members?

Matsui: In the past, I was called ‘ame-onna’. Everyone mistakes me as ‘ame-onna’, but now, I think it’s Rena-chan. Even during the shoot for jacket covers, it was clear the entire time until Rena-chan appeared, it started raining instantly.

Suda: The word ame-onna doesn’t sound too good, it should be ‘mizu no megami-sama’ (the goddess of water)!

Matsui: Alright, from now on, I will be ‘mizu no megami-sama’!

Suda: Once, during an outside event, I made a ‘teru teru bozu’ (paper doll as a charm for good weather) so it wouldn’t rain, and walked around with it in my purse. And yet, it rained… I thought ‘why?’, and realized the ‘teru teru bozu’ was crumpled.

Matsui: Then again, don’t you hang ‘teru teru bozu’?

Suda: Eh? Really?

Kizaki: You didn’t know?

Suda: All this time, I was using it the wrong way. I always carried it around.
'

Rena is now known as '水の女神様' (mizu no megami-sama, Goddess of Water)! Shall call her by this if she comes Singapore one day and see what's her reaction! XD

Akarin is so funny here, putting the てるてる坊主 (teruteru bouzu, a paper doll charm for good weather) in a purse and it ended up being crumpled, then thinking that it did not work due to it being crumpled. Only when Rena told her that it's meant to be hung up then she realized she used it the wrong way. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment