Friday, August 26, 2011

Welcoming AKB48 members at Changi Airport

Have been pondering very long whether to make the Abe Maria board as I am very sure she would remember the Paruru board (with awesome load of 'stalker' photos) that I made last time when she arrive with Paruru and Miyumiyu for the Official Cafe launch. However, I can still remember that time no one did a Maria board and most of the support and love from the fans went to Paruru and Miyumiyu. She looks kind of sad that time and walked real fast. She already reached the van outside when Paruru and Miyumiyu are still walking slowly together, with a massive amount of fans following. Maria only had a couple of fans following her that time if I remember correctly.

After the Vol. 4 concert, I find her not bad and started following her, and starting to like her. =p Decided to make a board for her partly due to my my slowly growing interest for her and partly fearing that history happened again and that there's no board to support her. I want her to be happy when arriving in Singapore =[

After all the pondering and stuff, I only had two hours to plan & design, scavenge for materials, and make the board out itself. Wrote a small message which means 'Congratulations on promotion to Team 4!'

with a photo of her slot in in the custom-made-photo-holder I fitted on the board...

and with LEDs turned on!

Some not that good photos I took while fanboying at the airport:




ahh... Maria... the photo is blurred! I can't see Maria clearly!! >_<
Maria's back...



Ah... Objective accomplished! She looks so much happier this time! =D

Didn't go down to *Scape after that, where the AKB48 members would be having their private event - meal in the cafe, followed by going down to the warehouse, to familiarize with the concert stage I guess. Had to tidy my room plus I would be having an exam on Monday. Have to study... eh wait, why aren't I studying now... o_o Shall start studying soon!

Got this photo from a friend at the airport...
Rikako's Senbatsu Elections poster photo

And before I headed down to the airport, I grabbed my letter from the mail box and opened it while at the airport, and I got this! ^^

Yuko and Mayuyu 7-11 exclusive photo
Won it as part of my 'happy bidding' on eBay =p

Before I go to revise on my exam, I would like to post the little, but rather long and interesting history of my board, or rather, the scrapbook I used to make my board.

I got the scrapbook before my Secondary school days, around the ending of my Primary school days, to hold the drawings I made when I have nothing to do (Top left hand corner is an example).

When I entered Secondary school, I continued to use it as my art work scrapbook, with collected art pieces by other people (from news cuttings etc like the one in the middle of the photo ^) as references.

At around the mid of my Secondary school days, I didn't really have much interest in art in form of drawings already as I realized my real interest is in crafting part of art so I continued the pages of the scrapbook with those kitty comic strips that I like from the newspapers that my Secondary school subscribed for us instead (Top middle and top right)

I slowly developed my passion for photography art also and did experiments on developing photos (bottom right). Those two photos aren't taken by me by the way. Those are from Nikon, which I used to experiment on developing photos, finding what different settings, paper etc can affect the output quality, etc.
The book was then abandoned for the rest of my Secondary 4 years and first two years in Polytechnic until only recently I took it out.

Tore out all the used pages and used the remaining empty pages for my Diploma Plus assignment - a collection of articles relating to each of the topics covered during the course of study of the particular Diploma Plus module - Social & Economic Sustainability -  along with reflections, and a 500 word write up. (Bottom left) All the pages were used then.

and today... I tore out all the pages except for the black piece, which happens to be the cover page of my assignment. That remaining black piece still intact had one side pasted with articles (like the one in the bottom left) but I pasted that surface to the grey cardboard (which is the back of the scrapbook). The other page was used to be the front of my that dip plus assignment where I used pencil to design the word 'Journal' on it, so it was rather easy to erase off and to be used as the surface to work on as my Abe Maria board.

I guess this would be end of the long reuse cycle of my scrapbook. It had been a real long and interesting journey with it. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment