Friday, February 17, 2012

Welcoming SDN48 members at Changi Airport (Vol.12)


Have been preparing and working on my Yukarin fan board (photo above) while rushing my revisions for my upcoming examinations. Not very easy, seriously. Especially when it's going to be the last ever wave of examinations before I graduate from Polytechnic, while I am having mixed emotions about the coming concert (later today) as this would be SDN48's Last Stage in Singapore before their mass graduation (disbandment) at the end of next month. I actually wanted to also design one more T-shirt for Yukarin but didn't have the time and the spare cash, unfortunately.

The two collage on the board is made up of 200 photos of Yukarin from magazines, photo books, her blog, etc that were taken from my archive. Almost all of the parts on my board are attached by temporary methods so that they can be easily detached and kept, and the board can be rolled up, so as to be more portable - due to it being very big and would be hard to carry.
(Each of the collage is about A4, so you can gauge the size of the board from there)

Managed to complete the board while at a friend's house, a fellow fan of SDN48, and construct the letter that is to be given to Yukarin in English first before heading to the airport by cab yesterday. Wrote out the letter in proper paper in English and Japanese while waiting at the airport, with help on Japanese from a good old friend, who is also a fellow fan.


The letter is then sealed in an envelope which is attached to a small foam board, on which a rose and a lion plushie are attached.


This small board is attached to my big board (at the top of this post) using three small hooks so that I can easily detach and give it to Yukarin.

When the SDN48 member came out of the check-point and were heading to the luggage belts, initially it was really hard to identify who is who as they were wearing masks and there were three who looks like Yukarin. Luckily one of them looked directly at my very-obvious-board and pointed while appearing to be very happy. Was very sure that's my Yukarin ♥
Oh, and I forgot to mention, I was wearing the custom made Yukarin T-shirt I gave her the previous time she came.

When I gave her the small board, she was so happy while thanking me. Had a lot to say to her but well, as usual, I was stuck. Only managed to say 'コンサート頑張って!' ('All the best to the concert!') in the end with her replying '頑張ります!' ('I will do my best!'). Other than that I was just following her all the way to the van. Why am I always so nervous?? TAT

Well, somewhat mission accomplished. Shall have a good rest now and prepare for my first examination tomorrow... no no, later today! Followed by concert afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment