Saturday, October 8, 2011

Welcoming SDN48 members at Changi Airport


How been anticipating for this for quite some time already. One of my oshi (favourite member from the '48' groups) is coming to Singapore! It would be SDN48's second stage later today and my SDN48 oshi, Sato Yukari, is in the member list. Went down to Changi Airport to welcome the SDN48 members yesterday and most importantly, to give Yukarin the custom made tee that I designed.



I did successfully give the tee to Yukarin but the process of giving to her was rather... Ah well, quite sad.. but well, she got it in the end and know that it was from me, so it's still okay.

While they were still behind the glass doors, collecting their luggage, most of the fans that I know were not able to recognize who is who initially as almost every of the SDN48 members were wearing masks, which is actually not uncommon for Japanese. I managed to identify who is Yukarin after awhile and really hoped that I am right as I don't want to give the tee to the wrong person and create an awkward situation. =X (which actually did happen but in another way)

While they started to walk out, a fan girl was totally screaming out to Yukarin that when by the time she reached near the area of the barricade I am at, she did not notice me calling out to her and trying to give her the tee. Unexpectedly, the SDN48 member behind her thought that the tee was for her and took it while thanking me. I was stunned for a moment and I thought I have identified wrongly but when she looked at the tee, she said 'Yukarin?' then I realized I did identify correctly. I am so sorry to that member and I wasn't able to identify who is she so that I can apologize during the handshake event after the concert later today. Things did not really went out of plan though, she called out to Yukarin and passed her the tee while pointing out that it was from me. I tried to wave to Yukarin while showing the tee I am wearing (the exact same tee I made for her - the tee shown above). She spotted me and waved back while thanking me and say 'I love Singapore!'. Was damn happy and I shouted back 'I love Yukarin!!' <3 >w<


Yukarin holding on to the tee


Details of the concert here.

No comments:

Post a Comment